5/24/09

Showing in Australia

Yesterday, after a couple of apparent false starts, I got to go in the show ring and show these Southerns that I do know my stuff! I had had the fun of going to watch a) a Corgi Show, b) an all breeds competition, c) wait for it, a Borzoi show, there was talk of a Labrador show, but seems the venue was changed but not the official printed calendar.

Well 5am start, which was great fun, I was ready, but still Jan spent time exercising and settling the other dogs and horse down for the day, then she had the nerve to eat breakfast, but at last into the car. I must say, that Cate who travelled in the section with me, is a wild one, I actually had to tell her to settle down. Seems we got to the show in plenty of time to dry me off after the morning grass romp; the two minor males had their fling in the ring, two intermediate males did their thing, I went and did mine. I have to query how awake Jan is at 9.10 am in the morning, the judge asked how old I was, and she said 4 .... months! The judge assured her she realized it was years, not months, and that she hoped my handler's 'flu was getting better fast! No one else in my class, so I cleaned up the top award with no effort. Dog Challenge we had three of us in the ring, easy peesy, and the bubbly Minor Dog went reserve challenge.
Just Cate for Bitch challenge, and she took the opportunity to leap and lurch with another handler for Best of Breed, which just made me shine and command the ring to myself.

This is for Best of Breed

video by Lyn Ayers who claimed she was a novice, I don't think so!

The judge didn't seem interested in me for group (no accounting for taste), Cate reckons she got half a look for her class in group, but she may be boasting, Reggie (he's a nice chap I met at the show) did the breed honours with Intermediate in Group.

Got shown again at two Clumber Club members competitions over lunch - I think Jan is starting to speak Swedish, she seemed more in tune with me for them!

Well, I hope there are more shows, that one was great fun!

No comments: